Friday, January 18, 2008

The Beauty of Zion National Park


One of the things that attracted me to Zion N.P. and the foreman position here, was the absolute beauty of the park itself. Zion, very fittingly, is part of Color Country. The colors of the landscape are spectacular nearly any time of year. I must say that sunset is my absolute favorite, but sunrise is nothing to neglect either.

I suppose that the best part of my job is that I get to fly over this country. Most of it un-touched by humans... the plateau nature of Zion makes a lot of it unaccessible. If ever I am having a tough day when I ask myself,"why do I continue to do this job for the lack of pay I receive?" a statement that anyone who has been in the industry for some length of time has probably thought to himself/herself... when I have those feelings, all I have to do is look out the window of the helicopter down at what is so beautifully painted on the landscape and I know that I have one of the best jobs in the world.

No matter your thoughts or beliefs concerning God or Mother Nature and their intertwinned roles... I think it is safe to say that most everyone who visits Zion N.P. has a moment when in awe they realize that its creation is a masterful work of art, created by an artist that is unmatched. It is a very serene and inspiring landscape for sure...

I hope on your next visit to Zion you take the time to stop and notice a sunset... let it inspire you! Cheers,

No comments: