Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wildland Firefighter Foundation

Took a moment this evening to watch a wonderful video that was sent to me. It is a short 15 minutes of explanation concerning the Wildland Firefighter Foundation. I, like many others in this industry, have lost people I cared about to wildland fires. The business of fighting wildland fires is dangerous. The compensation for long hours in terrible conditions is sometimes insulting, but then most who have been wildland firefighters for any time at all do so for a love that is deeper than the money they receive. I would encourage you to take a few minutes and watch this video...


Wildland Firefighter Foundation 2010 from Paul Steele on Vimeo.



The Wildland Firefighter Foundation is a valuable part of the society that every firefighter belongs to. It is comforting to know that should something go wrong my loved ones will have support that extends beyond immediate family... to a much larger family... my fire family!

If you are not a member of the 52 club... then join! If you are a current member of the 52 club, my heartfelt thanks for your unselfish support! As we head into the 2010 fire season, it is my hope and prayer that we all come home safely...

No comments: