Wednesday, February 6, 2008

One of those days!

Have you every had one of "Those" days? The winter months are not the most exciting aroung the Helibase. I spend most of my days doing paperwork, answering phone calls, and watching the clock to see time pass by... tick... tick..... tick...... tick........ tock! When will this day ever end?


On occasion I field a phone call from a supervisor, or Regional representative, perhaps even from those that control the budget... and it puts me on edge. Honestly being full time in my job (year round) I ride a roller coaster... it's an up and down emotional ride... I can't wait for the season to begin, and then the seasonals show up... fire... fire... fire... and all of the sudden I can't wait for the seasonals to disappear. Once their gone and the air center is quiet... aahhhh!! Then one day, I don't know what triggers it, I get one of those phone calls and reality tells me, "I can't wait for the seasonals to show up again and the season to begin, because frankly I'm tired of dealing with the winter-time crap!"

It is the fire that keeps me at my job... not the money, not the glory (some may say "what glory") It is simply the oportunity I get to climb on that helicopter and fly into a good fire... In the end, I am excited about the job I do... and at the end of the day, as the sun sets, I sit back and say... aaahhhh!


Well, as a crewmember mentioned more than once this last year, "If you got 'em, smoke 'em"... I had one of those days today, however life is good and the seasonals will soon be arriving once again!
Cheers,

No comments: